95.10 questions

Bandit12

Hi All

I've been toying with the idea of homebuilding for quite some time, and really need to get along with it. I like the idea of the 95.10 framework, and also of a minimal aircraft. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to fly a 95.10 aircraft to more populated airfields, which would require flying over populated areas? The guidelines seem to suggest that it isn't normally permissible, but that it may be possible with permission. I was wondering if anyone actually ever has?

Also, whether anyone has any suggestions of plans built aircraft?

Cheers

Shane

PS there seems to be a few familiar faces around here!

Hi AllI've been toying with the idea of homebuilding for quite some time, and really need to get along with it. I like the idea of the 95.10 framework, and also of a minimal aircraft. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to fly a 95.10 aircraft to more populated airfields, which would require flying over populated areas? The guidelines seem to suggest that it isn't normally permissible, but that it may be possible with permission. I was wondering if anyone actually ever has?

Also, whether anyone has any suggestions of plans built aircraft?

Cheers

Shane

PS there seems to be a few familiar faces around here!

Yes it is possible, happens all the time, but not legally, if something goes wrong bad news. A friend of mine is building a Affordaplane check that on the nett.

Regards Richard.

I fly a kit built 95.55 aircraft, rag and tube with a 2 stroke Rotax motor. I applied for, and received, written permission to fly over built up areas from Raa-Aus. Contact the powers that be and ask them.