Access through Military airspace

Tomo

Was reading the Presidents report last night, and this stuck out to me... So can a non PPL holder fly through military airspace now if cleared to do so?

Hi buddy,

This has been a little confusing and was also confusing when announced at Natfly.

Once it was explained to me it is still clear that you must be a current PPL minimum to fly an RA Aus aircraft through military airspace.

We had some considerable discussion on this some time back after last Natfly and you may find it in the old threads Tomo, but not sure where. It would probably be in the Aircraft Pilots site as it was originally the original Rec Flying site ... how is that for tortology ... LOL

Hi buddy,This has been a little confusing and was also confusing when announced at Natfly.

Once it was explained to me it is still clear that you must be a current PPL minimum to fly an RA Aus aircraft through military airspace.

We had some considerable discussion on this some time back after last Natfly and you may find it in the old threads Tomo, but not sure where. It would probably be in the Aircraft Pilots site as it was originally the original Rec Flying site ... how is that for tortology ... LOL

Wow ! ... Tortology (see Tautology),,, what a marvelous, effervescent, bubbling word to summarise the concise musings of one our master orators verbalization... Well done David, well done... We just love it when you talk dirty like that... 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Hi buddy,This has been a little confusing and was also confusing when announced at Natfly.

Yeah that's true, and that is what I thought also, but he said it in the 2012 January's edition of "Sport Pilot"

Quote-

...the highlight of the year was the introduction of the changes to the CAO 95 series which saw an increase to aircraft weight up to 600kg, access through military airspace if cleared, use of airspace up to ten thousand feet and direct flights across Bass Strait for safer crossings due to weather....

So therein lies my question... not that I'm really worried as I can go blasting through all the airspace I wish in the appropriately equipped aircraft, but I still find it rather interesting.

... not that I'm really worried as I can go blasting through all the airspace I wish in the appropriately equipped aircraft, .

Yee har,,, "I can go blasting through all the airspace I wish in the appropriately equipped aircraft"... I must admit Tomo, if I was gunna go blasting through some of the airspace you've got around where you live, I'd want my aircraft equiped like an A 10 Warthog... Short of a warthog, I don't like the odds of being able to blast through more than once. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

Wow ! ... Tortology (see Tautology),,, what a marvelous, effervescent, bubbling word to summarise the concise musings of one our master orators verbalization... Well done David, well done... We just love it when you talk dirty like that... 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gifpoke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif

Was reading the Presidents report last night, and this stuck out to me... So can a non PPL holder fly through military airspace now if cleared to do so?

Tomo,

I fly here out of West Sale where infact there is a RAAF base 9nm east of it, I usually only fly early mornings/late afternoons and on weekends when the airspace is not active.

I have on a number of occasions been flying when they have unexpectedly activated while i have been inbound and have had no problems getting back in, all they want to know on each occassion was my location my height and my intentions and have always been more than helpful, even up to the point of asking me what height would i like inbound.

We have a number of RAA flight training facilites operating out of here with an approval to operate and train while they are active, mind you they are all GA licenced pilots aswell as RAA licenced instructors.

I don't intent to fly when they are active unless for training of course with an instructor, but if they activate out of normal hrs when i'm flying what can you do? put down in a paddock and wait till next morning to fly out, nope they are there to assist you at all times.

Cheers

Alf

Guest Andys@coffs

Tortology....Or in other words the Judiciary, those who study Torts, in fact maybe Kaz fits that bill as well