New cafe opened at Archerfield YBAF

XP503

Hey guys, dropped into YBAF today and discovered a new little cafe only just opened between rqac and airline academy, right on the apron, great coffee food etc.. Really nice girl runs it, shaded seating to watch the a/c take off and taxi past. I really hope it goes well for them!!!!

Almost worth a trip over to check out... 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

Great photos you sent through today David, nothing like rubbing it in when I'm stuck on the ground.... 044_black_eye.gif.3f644b2ef49762a47134d3ce9ca82e5d.gif

By the way, booked in to start my NVFR today, start next week with Kathryn out of Toowoomba.

Awesome Tomo!

Yea the cafe could be hard to find, its a 'hole in the wall' - I just stumbled across it. - but like I said in between the RQAC and the Airline Academy where the trees and seats are, only thing between you and the apron/tie downs is a big chicken wire fence to keep the honest people out hahahahaha

It is very small but cosy and has some top quality food etc there ........unlike the now closed cafeteria near the terminal.

Hey dd. Oops my mistake then, I drove past on my way to the terminal and it looked boarded up and no one home.....? When I was training at YBAF I always stopped in there to support them but to be honest the place is a dive....

I reckon it's great to have a cafe at an airfield that's why I always stop and get something even if it's just a mars bar, I'd rather give my $ to them than McDonalds etc. Lets support airfield businesses!!!

yep, the place is a dive because the owner of the aerodrome won't spend money on the building, the new screens on it looks like its boarded up, but no they are still there and serving good food as usual. I have been getting lunches from him since he opened there (when in YBAF). Good to see the RQAC kitchen reopened hope it works and not too expensive to operate.

Cool sounds good DD, sorry didn't mean to bag it out too much but just speakin from experience I always made a point of stopping there every time at YBAF, I hope they both do well. It sometimes feels a bit like walking thru an abandoned theme park that "once was" lol