• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

XCSoar v6.3.10 has been

[/url]released

XCSoar v6.4 comming soon. this version will have the ability to provide real time tracking to

[/url]SkyLines Real Time Tracking

When either the tug or the glider is flying inverted it is time to bung off!

Hi are you using the program? I have a early version that I run on a Mio 360 so I'll try and load the current version onto it. I taking a Blanik to the Queensland cross country coaching in Late September so the new program should be good to have. I will be hoping to do a 300 km in the Blanik if the weather etrc is kind. Cheers Mike

Hi are you using the program? I have a early version that I run on a Mio 360 so I'll try and load the current version onto it. I taking a Blanik to the Queensland cross country coaching in Late September so the new program should be good to have. I will be hoping to do a 300 km in the Blanik if the weather etrc is kind. Cheers Mike

Sure. I use it on an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). How old is your current version?

Good luck with the 300 km. What's the weather usually like in Qld in Sept.?

Sure. I use it on an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). How old is your current version?Good luck with the 300 km. What's the weather usually like in Qld in Sept.?

Hi It's version 5.2.2. A mate placed on the mio 360 for me. He's out of town now so I will have to research how to get in the mio. Weather is usually getty better after Winter up here. They usually run the Qld state comp the following week so planned to be in a good part of the season. I last flew at easter so will get down to the gliding club twice before the Sept week. It will be fun and good all over even if I don't acheive 300km this time. Would like to do it in the Blanik for the challenge. Where are you located and what type do you fly?

Cheers

Mike

Hi It's version 5.2.2. A mate placed on the mio 360 for me. He's out of town now so I will have to research how to get in the mio. Weather is usually getty better after Winter up here. They usually run the Qld state comp the following week so planned to be in a good part of the season. I last flew at easter so will get down to the gliding club twice before the Sept week. It will be fun and good all over even if I don't acheive 300km this time. Would like to do it in the Blanik for the challenge. Where are you located and what type do you fly?Cheers

Mike

I'm located at Narrogin Gliding Club. It is down in the SW corner of WA. The real soaring weather starts in Oct. or Nov.

I just fly the club gliders - hence XCSoar on the phone. If I had my own I would put XCSoar on an Android tablet and hook up things like airspeed etc.

The club has a couple of Puchs and a DG 500 as twins. Our singles are a couple of Astir CS-77s and a Jantar 2.

Looks good. I'm 5 hours away from my club. I have been missing out gliding with doing my raa training and endorsements. Its wet up in Mackay so the airstrip is out of action for anoter week or two and longer if the unseasonal rain comes again. I should be gliding agian in two or three weekends time again.

Cheers and thanks for posting the xcsoar stuff.

Mike:thumb up:

I have just installed XCSoar on a Recreational Flying GPS and it works great, especially being free. Once I set XCSoar to use the GPS on Port 1 it picked up the GPS really quickly, actually a lot faster then OziExplorer. I like the idea of being able to create your own charts using the XCSoar Chart Generator. The other BIG plus is the Terrain Warning that you can get with it, something that OziExplorer doesn't have and the Terrain Warning would be great to have on the Recreational Flying GPS.

Can anyone post images of how they have set XCSoar up?

Even though it is for Gliding, from what I can see with just a little play it is just as good for all recreational aircraft...and free as well!

• Like 1

I have just installed XCSoar on a Recreational Flying GPS and it works great, especially being free. Once I set XCSoar to use the GPS on Port 1 it picked up the GPS really quickly, actually a lot faster then OziExplorer. I like the idea of being able to create your own charts using the XCSoar Chart Generator. The other BIG plus is the Terrain Warning that you can get with it, something that OziExplorer doesn't have and the Terrain Warning would be great to have on the Recreational Flying GPS.Can anyone post images of how they have set XCSoar up?

Even though it is for Gliding, from what I can see with just a little play it is just as good for all recreational aircraft...and free as well!

Is your satisfaction with XCSoar a comment on the reliability of the Jabiru engine? 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

I'm not sure how you interpret the Terrain Warning in a power aircraft.

standalone

In cruise mode. Portion of my last check flight. The two red sections in the mid upper center of the display (one with a hard course reversal) are me spinning the aircraft.

standalone

In thermaling mode

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have attached a copy of the reminder / cheat sheet for XCSoar that I share with some friends and also has Mio on it for WAC charts in Ozi explorer type programs.

May be of assistance to people who are new to using the program.

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Cheers

Mike

Mio device prompt sheet 4.Sept.2012.doc

I have attached a copy of the reminder / cheat sheet for XCSoar that I share with some friends and also has Mio on it for WAC charts in Ozi explorer type programs.May be of assistance to people who are new to using the program.

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Cheers

Mike

That Word document does not work very easily for me - and may be others. Can you post is as a PDF?

Hi Exadios

Following is the words but the images did not copy over from the mio / xcsoar cheat sheet I did.

If you still want a copy send your email details and i'll email it to you.

Cheers

Mike

· Go to Waypoint – Tap version

Tap ‘Wpt list’ 4/9/2012

Select Waypoint

Tap ‘Go to’

Tap ‘OK’

· Get waypoints Tap

Tap ‘Wpt Set List’

Tap ‘Import’

Tap ‘Main Ways Wpt’

Tap ‘OK’

· At startup with icons on screen. First rotate

Screen to desired screen setting. Then select

‘Oziexplorer’ Or single Tap the Window Icon at

the top left Or bottom left toolbar to show ‘Start’.

· Tool Bar display – turn on and off, tap

(Top left hand side of display)

· Options menu – Tap

· Rotate Display

Is found in Settings Icons or the Mini Tool Bar

usually on startup.

· Course up or map north up in map view.

Tap for On or Off at

On left upper side of screen

If not on the screen, scroll until displayed

Or Tap ‘View’ on toolbar, then Tap ‘Map Display’

· Map detail – features

Tap ‘Map’ on tool bar, Tap ‘Find Maps’

Tap ‘More’ for WAC charts or ‘Less’ for Enroute map.

· Map zoom in & out is on right side of display.

Zoom scale % is in top left of display.

· Pointer - Plane – shape, size and colour.

Tap ‘File’ in tool bar

Tap ‘Configuration’

Tap ‘Moving Map’

Tap ‘Pointer’, then style, colour and size.

Tap ‘OK’

· Blue arrows on tool bar scroll through settings

Eg. Compass, Min Altitude, etc

· Replay track

Tap ‘View’ on tool bar

Tap ‘Tracks’

Tap ‘Replay Route’

XCSoar prompt info

· Exit program - double Tap screen

Tap ‘Menu’

Tap ‘Exit’

· Rotate view - Tap