Leigh creek fuel

piecrust

That's really good news. My last trip outback I had to mess around with drum stock at Maree because I couldn't get it at Leigh Creek.

With only 3hr20min between full tanks and deathly silence, fuel availability is a critical factor in my flight plans rather than comfort stops.025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

kaz

• Like 1

That's really good news. My last trip outback I had to mess around with drum stock at Maree because I couldn't get it at Leigh Creek.With only 3hr20min between full tanks and deathly silence, fuel availability is a critical factor in my flight plans rather than comfort stops.025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

kaz

Remember that Arkaroola has fuel, both Avgas and Mogas.

JG

Remember that Arkaroola has fuel, both Avgas and Mogas.JG

Thanks, JG. Yes, I looked at Arkaroola but ended up taking the Maree option on my way from William Creek to Broken Hill. I haven't been to Arkaroola since 1969 on my way to Birdsville and I was driving then so would like to do it next time.

I think I will start saving my pennies and invest in a Li'l Buddy (?) 40 litre collapsible tank. The extra 125 NM range would make a big difference.

So many things in aviation to spend money on and so little to spend doing it!

kaz