first flight in your homebuilt

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I had the honour late last year of being present and filming the maiden flight of a chap at YGWA who had built a Zenith Zodiac CH650. It was a moving experience, seeing a persons 7 years of hard work come to fruition in that first flight. It's something I know I will experience one day, especially considering The Financial Controller has decreed I am allowed to build my own plane.... 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

I had the honour late last year of being present and filming the maiden flight of a chap at YGWA who had built a Zenith Zodiac CH650. It was a moving experience, seeing a persons 7 years of hard work come to fruition in that first flight. It's something I know I will experience one day, especially considering The Financial Controller has decreed I am allowed to build my own plane.... 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Can we see the film? When my cousin built a Dragonfly, he didn't let anybody know when the maiden flight was occurring in case it was a disaster!

Oh what a feeling he must have had.I bet "Yee Ha" was in the vocabulary somewhere!

I think we should include the phrases " Yee Ha " or "Yahoo " in all Circuit Radio Calls so we can identify a first flight or first solo. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif.

Alan.

• Like 1