What TBO times are people getting on the 3300?

Anthony Gray

Guest Andys@coffs
Thanks for the info Richard but who is supplying them in Australia and who is fitting them locally.Alan.

If you go to the webpage Richard provided, goto the very bottom and you'll notice a link called Aircraft and on that resulting page is a list of many different engine types including J, and in the J section is the guy at Meadows SA who is the Aus Agent.....so...just down the road a few K's for you Alan

P.S that answers the supply question, as to who fits...perhaps he can advise.

• 1 month later...

My J3300 (serial 1732) running in a J430 made 1000 hours with metal to spare.

I used about 50/50 Avgas and 95 unleaded (SouthAfrica) during this cycle.

Some circuit work, some slow flying in rallies, but mostly touring at 2 950 - 3 000 rpm.

Just a few minor snags on the way to 1 000hrs, hardly worth mentioning.

Presently she's grounded due to a piston pin circlip issue, that I'm sure will be resolved in a few days: See http://jabiru.co.za/services/Shadow%20Lite%20SL10%20Circlips%2005%2005%202012%20%20Circlips%2005%20May%202012.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Where possible I've always run Caltex 98(vortex) in my bikes, the Shell V-power 98 runs great in the car as it has electronic engine management, but does not do well in my bikes. My bikes never seemd to run their best on BP (any kind), but that could just be my local supplier.

Same here, I run Caltex 98 in my KTM 640 ADV and used to run my Yamaha WR426( with a Iridium plug) on it as well when I had it.My experience with caltex 98 in motor bikes has been great.Never had a fuel issue.Apart from fouling plugs of the Yamaha, hence changing to Iridium.It was common with those bike, due to running a Keihin FCR Carby. (FCR Carbies have a accelerator pump)