Help Wanted

Hi all,

We are taking the trusty X-air on the next Megafauna trip to Goolwa. We are planning on flying from Barwon Heads & meeting up with the rest of the gang in Horsham. We will have ground support to Horsham & onwards to Goolwa, but may need some assistance on the return trip. Are there any members based in Horsham, Naracoorte or Ararat who might be able to help with fuel pick-up &/or hangerage ( if the weather goes pear-shaped).

Regards Pete

Xair looks a bit squishy. How is it inside on long distance?

Hi Shags,

It's actually very roomy in the width department, more width than a Cessna (according to the agent). Seats aren't bad but my backside is only comfortable for the first 2 hours!! Leg room is reasonable & with a low coaming the view is sensational. Getting in & out requires a little flexibility & I can see that getting harder as the body gets less pliant with age. Regards Pete

Sorry Pete, Which one do you have? I am sort of slowly hunting fo rthe right aircraft.

X-air standard with narrow entry. So easy to fly.

Hi Pete,

Have you talked to robinsm about long distance trips in his Xair? He had a couple of neat ideas for storing extra fuel although i think it was pretty much a single-seat conversion...

Plenty of room in the X-air as you say - makes the old Warrior feel very cramped!

Hi Pete,Have you talked to robinsm about long distance trips in his Xair? He had a couple of neat ideas for storing extra fuel although i think it was pretty much a single-seat conversion...

Plenty of room in the X-air as you say - makes the old Warrior feel very cramped!

Thanks 68volksy,

We will be flying 2-up from Horsham to Goolwah, so no room at all for extra fuel.