Cessna LSA Latest

PaulN

Gotta say that package sounds appealing:

High wing (best vision)

All Metal (low maintenance)

Gullwing gas-strut doors (easy access - low maintenance)

Air-cooled engine (more reliable system than water cooled)

Cessna reputation (Will appeal to some...)

Now it all comes down to price..

Wonder if 'they' will bring them into OZ?

Cheers,

Really interesting that they have done a 180 on the Rotax, despite the 15kg weight penalty - although with the increasing weights with LSA perhaps this is not such a big deal. The VP mentioned the increased TBO - what is the TBO on the 0-200?

I imagine there is also a significant cost increase for the Continental engine?

Was perplexed at his comments on preferring the Continental for differing fuels - I thought the Rotax was good for this too.

Smart move going for Metal if they think 70% will be in the training environment. Those aircraft do get a hammering.

I think it is looking like a AUD130K+ price tag considering the config at the moment.

Cont 0-200

Paul, I think the C-152 runs a Lycoming O-235. I don't think there is any problem with getting approval for mogas , but check it. The cont C-90 is 200 cubic inch also and is a very similar engine, but has many variants. Second hand ,many of these engines are high-time and in some instances are only suitable for bits. Not economical to overhaul. The valves &guides are considered to require more attention than the Lycoming. This may be accentuated by using mogas (valve sticking) But other factors may be involved. (cooling, dust, oil type & quality short trips etc). the original starter, (pull type ) is very heavy and the starter drive is expensive to replace. The generator on the earlier models is ridiculously heavy and has to go.(gear driven) .The engine (the 0-200 )is my preferred powerplant, despite all the above comments, because it's really quite light. it's understressed, & has proven reliability. Unless you can find an engine that time forgot & can fiddle with it, I'd like to see the price on the new one. It would have to be competitive, & lighter. N...