T-Lite trike

At Caboolture the other day John (Cressy) showed me the new T-Lite Airborne trike he has in the hangar there. Forgot to take a photos but I was pretty impressed with it.

The main thing was it's simplicity and overall good construction and engineering gone into it just to make it a cool little trike. I'm no triker (yet), but if I was looking for a fun little machine you can literally fit in the back of a reasonable sized car or ute, it's pretty impressive. Only a single seater but it's cheap flying taken to a whole new level. Uses something like 2.5ltrs of fuel an hour!

Here's a link to the airborne website. http://www.airborne.com.au/pages/ml_t-lite.php

• Like 1

Guest davidh10

If you Google, you will find some videos on the Internet from when it was demoed in the USA, prior to the commercial release. There was a thread on it here. I believe it flies very nicely, but I prefer having two seats. Still; If you want to go thermal-ing, that seems to be what it was designed to do.

I flew through a couple of thermals on Saturday that were lifting me at 1,000-1,100'/min, two-up, so could have easily dropped engine to idle and still have been climbing.

At Caboolture the other day John (Cressy) showed me the new T-Lite Airborne trike he has in the hangar there. Forgot to take a photos but I was pretty impressed with it.The main thing was it's simplicity and overall good construction and engineering gone into it just to make it a cool little trike. I'm no triker (yet), but if I was looking for a fun little machine you can literally fit in the back of a reasonable sized car or ute, it's pretty impressive. Only a single seater but it's cheap flying taken to a whole new level. Uses something like 2.5ltrs of fuel an hour!

Here's a link to the airborne website. http://www.airborne.com.au/pages/ml_t-lite.php

Hi Tomo, Yeah it is a neat little machine hey? I don't think it has been up yet, i could be wrong. I heard Neil took you up in his Savannah, what did you think of it? I had a fly of it and loved it. Just curious on what you thought of "Jaffa"

I heard Neil took you up in his Savannah, what did you think of it? I had a fly of it and loved it. Just curious on what you thought of "Jaffa"

Indeed! Many thanks to him for that too... it's a great little aeroplane, though the one gripe I had about it was the rudder pedals, soooo tight, or hard to push or something! And rudder brake pedals need to be moved back a bit, but Neil is working on fixing that all up so should be good.

The T-Lite (and for that matter V-lite, which is the 2 stroke version with slightly different wing) look amazing.

If I didn't want to take other people on the flights with me or do any cross country I'd totally buy one.

The T-Lite (and for that matter V-lite, which is the 2 stroke version with slightly different wing) look amazing.If I didn't want to take other people on the flights with me or do any cross country I'd totally buy one.

Yep the V-lite has been designed for the sub 70kg category. That means that hang glider pilots can fly them with a motorised endorsement. And the wing can be foot launched.