Aircraft Shares

It is a long way off till I MAY (If allowed) be looking to buy a second hand aircraft. Today while at RPA I saw an add for a half share in a Jabiru and was then told about a quarter share in another aircraft. I have never considered going into a syndicate while in boats but what do you all think of this in aircraft?

It is a long way off till I MAY (If allowed) be looking to buy a second hand aircraft. Today while at RPA I saw an add for a half share in a Jabiru and was then told about a quarter share in another aircraft. I have never considered going into a syndicate while in boats but what do you all think of this in aircraft?

Hi John,

I have been a co-owner of a secondhand plane (Gazelle) for a couple of years now, and it has worked fine. We have not yet both wanted to fly somewhere different at the same time! And having all the bills halved is great. We have a joint account where we both place a certain amount per month to cover hangar fees, insurance and 100 hourly. If unexpected bills come up that we cannot cover from the account then we just pay up the extra between us.

I also know of 2 other shared planes at our airfield, both syndicates of 3. So it can certainly work as long as you have the right people, and right circumstances (ie all fly about the same number of hours per year)

Cheers

Neil