Crop Duster Down In Gippsland

Everyone was assuming it was a Pawnee Louis, so that's where the fuse tank comments were coming from.

I got that turbo, I was merely pointing out that it's unfounded to criticise the fatality of the crash on bad aircraft design and then go blatantly blaming bad regulations and governing as the ultimate cause for this pilots death when clearly fuel tank location had nothing to do with the overall survivability of this particular incident.

Hhmmm.. Wasn't it you that said it was overloaded??? Speculation is speculation..;)

Yes it was Merv, but that came from a person I consider a reliable source who was close to the incident and the pilot involved.

That's cool Louis, was just pointing out that regardless of "ideas" it's all just speculation. The posts above were discussing the use of fuel tanks inboard, regardless of where they were situated on this aircraft, the discussion is valid I reckon. Normally we don't post our ideas on what caused the accident until it's been investigated properly. It is a public forum remember;)