Need information of Palmyra and Marian airfields

Is anyone able to provide any information including length, type, direction of runways, radio frequency, contact names and numbers for Palmyra and Marian airstrips outside of Mackay.

I will be flying up to Mackay and want to avoid going to Mackay airport.

I searched through the forum but not very much information.

Cheers

Nick

Palmyra is 18/36 bitumen, about 700m length(not all useable do to a fence on the northern end, and some vegetation on the southern end.) , ctaf 126.7. RH circuits to 18 due to the close proximity of mackay airspace. And dont leave your base turn to late either as if you are too far north, you will bust airspace. look on your chart you will see what I mean.

i cant seem to insert a link do to some unknown cause, but copy/paste http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],149.076651&ll=-21.21114,149.076651&z=17&t=h&nmd=20100716 into your browser. the strip generally used is the eastern one, in front of the hangers, wind generally from the east, producing mechanical turb. from the hangers. Some of the GA aircraft use the dragstrip, which has powerlines on both sides of it.

Palmyra is 18/36 bitumen, about 700m length(not all useable do to a fence on the northern end, and some vegetation on the southern end.) , ctaf 126.7. RH circuits to 18 due to the close proximity of mackay airspace. And dont leave your base turn to late either as if you are too far north, you will bust airspace. look on your chart you will see what I mean.i cant seem to insert a link do to some unknown cause, but copy/paste http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],149.076651&ll=-21.21114,149.076651&z=17&t=h&nmd=20100716 into your browser. the strip generally used is the eastern one, in front of the hangers, wind generally from the east, producing mechanical turb. from the hangers. Some of the GA aircraft use the dragstrip, which has powerlines on both sides of it.

Thanks so much Hongie.

Do I need to call in advance to organise landing there or can I just turn up?

Palmyra is 18/36 bitumen, about 700m length(not all useable do to a fence on the northern end, and some vegetation on the southern end.) , ctaf 126.7. RH circuits to 18 due to the close proximity of mackay airspace. And dont leave your base turn to late either as if you are too far north, you will bust airspace. look on your chart you will see what I mean.i cant seem to insert a link do to some unknown cause, but copy/paste http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],149.076651&ll=-21.21114,149.076651&z=17&t=h&nmd=20100716 into your browser. the strip generally used is the eastern one, in front of the hangers, wind generally from the east, producing mechanical turb. from the hangers. Some of the GA aircraft use the dragstrip, which has powerlines on both sides of it.

Thanks so much Hongie.

Do I need to call in advance to organise landing there or can I just turn up?

• 5 years later...

hey Hongie, re. our planned trip to Cooktown from Boonah in May '18 - (see thread = Cooktown Trip) we are looking for somewhere noice around Mackay for a small group - what would you recommend

if it's a pretty area we might stay a few days (or if the weather is crap...)

cheers

BP

btw, the Irish 'spelling+memory' joke I heard is this:

how do you spell WHALE

how do you spell OIL

how do you spell BEEF

how do you spell HOOKED

now, what are the four words, in the correct order?

then they say WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

love it - damn funny to hear little old ladies say that.....