Insurance for trikes

Arnaud

Hi guys...and ladies.

I'm trying to bring together a small syndicate (2~3 pilots) to purchase a new or near new Airborne trike.

Full hull insurance seems to be essential to avoid tears down the track.

I have contacted ALL insurance companies/brokers advertising in the RAA magazine and Pacific Flyer and either they don't respond to my emails or say "yes we do insure microlights, but not trikes".

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction, please.

By the way, the XT 912 (almost brand new and only 50 hours TT) I am using now has got the same problem of mismatched engine/gearbox.

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud - have you tried Glenn Turner 08 8281-2255 - I have both my aircraft insured with Vero through him and have found him very good and I also believe he looks after the RAAus insurance

Guest Crezzi

If you haven't already tried - don't bother. Glenn won't touch trikes either. Apparently the insurance companies (rather than the brokers) have a clause somewhere that mentions 3-axis controls hence trikes are excluded. So much for renaming AUF to RAA !

I've been trying for ages to get cover - nothing definate so far but still working on it. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

John

Guest brentc

You could try WIN Insurance. They were at Narromine and were apparently HALF the price of some other vendors. It's a NZ based company. I spoke to someone recently who got a quote for $6k and their existing policy was $12.5k for his 3 aircraft. They only do up to $500k and up to $10m liability so when some clown runs his Chieftain off the runway it doesn't affect the little guy.