One Six Right

Guest Roger

Guest Roger

Got my copy of One Six Right yesterday (Thanks Ian). Watched it this morning....

....wow!

This is one special documentary made by a bloke who is obviously passionate about his airport. Revolving around Van Nuys airport, One Six Right follows the evolution of the field from its humble beginings to the present day via narration from the men and women who work, sleep and live to fly.

Van Nuys is far and away the busiest GA airport in the world with a movement every 45 secs during the day. It even eclipses the likes of Heathrow and most other international ports.

Spectacular scenes are complimented by a great musical score and a storyline that held me spellbound.

I would challenge anyone not to be a little moved by this fascinating account and recommend that you make it "a must have" addition to your dvd collection. ;)

Cheers

Roger

i got the dvd and one six left from Ian at Narromine, great film! though i cant believe what happened at Miegs field! destroyed overnight for the sake of a politicians wife! bloody disgraceful! how did they get the aircraft out after the field was unlawfully destroyed? sadly its still going on here, just no in such a dramatic manner!

Guest Fred Bear

I have yet to watch it but have always heard excellent reports!A bit of a plug here (as it will be available through this web site) but I hope that my dvd will get the same sorts of reports from people that watch it and yes, I am still going to be producing one.One guess as to where it will mostly be filmed?Ha ha, I am sure some will not buy it for that reason but you either want it or you don't.

Ultralights.

I heard that some of the aircraft had to be trucked out. FAA are having problems with several airports which have accepted federal money and then gone on to reduce availability. Latest was a strip which had houses at both ends so they reduced the usable length by about 600 ft each end.