Cant beleive

Media, Qwontass, unions - I'm not sure which is the least credible from this bunch so yeah I decided not to believe that news snippet also, impossible to figure out what is fact. If Craig Thomson said it on the other hand.... 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Guest ozzie

Don't worry if Singo buys a 3 billion dollar Qantas for 1 billion he will fix the problem. He'll just strip the assets and there will be nothing left to inspect.

I'm not an aircraft engineer, but Qantas seems to be making sense on this one. Why would you use the same maintenance and inspection regime on modern planes as you do on 40 year old planes? They're designed differently. Just like new cars, which require completely different maintenance than a forty year old Holden. Plus, the other Australian airlines are already using the new maintenance regime, so why should Qantas not use it? As far as I see it, it's just Qantas unions trying to cling on to any power they can.

funny how the all new, Airbus A380, dosnt need as much maintenance being a new generation aircraft..... opps, whats that? wing rib foot cracking? oh, well, looks like these might need regular inspecting every 1000 hrs. now needs more scheduled structural maintenance than the 40 yr old 747....