First solo.

Hi all, first solo today. Big thanks to all of you who helped with advice on flare timing. It certainly is a buzz and was over all too quickly. A bit like some other firsts, I guess. I almost wished I had stuffed it up so I could have a "go around" and spend a bit more time in control. The little Technam was much more responsive one up, and I kept climbing on my downwind leg. Once I got that sorted, it somehow seemed like less pressure without an instructor watching over the shoulder so to speak, and it all came together. I can see why people get hooked. Cheers and to everyone else out there waiting to go solo, keep at it, it's worth it. If I can work out how to downsize the video, I will attempt an upload.

Jenkin.

• Like 4

Congratulations Jenkin and welcome to the world of Solo Flying.I know where you're coming from regarding the absence of an instructor, I always flew better when he wasn't there.

Alan.

Great work. I dream of the day I can go solo. I just have to learn how to get the flair right.

Have a look at some older threads under my name for a few different but all very helpful perspectives on what is probably the most critical part of the flying experience.