Friday's Alpine Flight

Hi All,

First attempt at a flying video from fridays flight. If the quality is dodgy it was taken on my Galaxy S mobile.

I was happy with the flight, There was a gentle 10kt wind from the south (so no turb/rotors to scare me) and a nice high keeping the Alps clear so I managed to tick off flying myself around Mt Kosciuszko from my bucket list.

I hope you enjoy

Phil

• Like 9

Great one Phil, must do it myself. What height did you get up to (obviously less than 10k). Did you do it all in one hit or did you stop anywhere? Aint this a great country!!!!!!

• Like 2

Robinism,

I was at 8500' heading in (Kosciuszko is 7312') and 7500' heading back through Perisher Valley (5650') and around Blue Cow Terminal, which is at 6233'. Thought I'd stick with hemispherical rules above 5000' (funnily enough). It was a straight there and back to Polo Flat flight to keep it simple (1.4hrs) in all.

Now I'm based in Canberra and wouldn't mind an invite to Goulburn to look at your lovely X-Air one weekend if you don't mind (subtle aint my strong point!)

Phil

• Like 1

No worries, I only have one weekend off a month but I am sure something could be arranged (even if I drop into Polo flat). Its ok, I dont do subtle, what you see is what you get.

• Like 1

Well Rob (aka Flying Librarian).........there you go, you book the Techie @ Wagga, I'll go you halves in the costs 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif......................A must do for the "Bucket List" since moving to the Riverina.........029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif................WOW. what a absolute hoot, flying over Kosci 009_happy.gif.56d1e13d4ca35a447ad034f1ecf7aa58.gif.....................Alley

PS, Rob (off topic)..........you get those "Mutt Muffs from the states..............down the track the Hansome Harry will be sporting a pair of these........They look and are must for our doggies Kaz 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif.....but I also want to retro fit a set of headphones for him 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Nice vid Phill. Is there a way I could download and send to my European relatives who don't believe we have snow in Australia. They'd probably think it's Austria but your sub-titles will put them right. Good job, well done.

Deskpilot,

If you right click on the videoscreen in the original post, one of the options is "copy video URL" click on this and then paste into an email to your relatives, they can then click on the URL or cut and paste it into explorer and watch it direct on youtube.

Hope this helps, if it doesn't, PM me a snail mail address and I'll burn to disc and post it to you for onforwarding.

Phil

Deskpilot,If you right click on the videoscreen in the original post, one of the options is "copy video URL" click on this and then paste into an email to your relatives, they can then click on the URL or cut and paste it into explorer and watch it direct on youtube.

Hope this helps, if it doesn't, PM me a snail mail address and I'll burn to disc and post it to you for onforwarding.

Phil

Cheers mate, email sent.

• Like 2