Just started learning

I've been bitten by the flying bug and wish there were more days in the week to complete my training. Have been fortunate enough to fly in Tiger Moth but my RA learning is in a Gazelle.

Looking forward to the Tumut Fly In - it would be really great to actually fly in.. but will probably ride in on the BMW!

Is it run over the whole weekend & if so would the Sat or Sunday be best?

Is there a preferred flight route from Canberra over to Tumut? ie would you fly over to Wee Jasper then across to Tumut or perhaps follow the roads up towards Yass then down again?

Last year's Tumut fly-in was great. Locals were friendly and the weekend was a pleasure to be at. It was my 1st opportunity to head off having gained my x-cnty endorsement a month earlier. My son & I flew up from Coldstream in a Tecnam P92 and camped underwing on the Saturday night. I wish I was going again, however this year it is not to be. Sorry none of that helps you with your question. I'm just reminising...

regards,

justin

Welcome Dennis!

There's a couple of guys heading up to Tumut from Goulburn. One of them did the Kosciuszko flight a couple of weeks ago and the photos they brought back were spectacular!

Great time of year to fly over those mountains (even if a little on the chilly side).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dennis, I have just joined and saw your message. I hope you were able to make it one way or another. Living in Tumut, we were lucky to have a look both days. Weather not the best on Saturday and few aircraft to see. Sunday was better weather and the Roulettes to boot. The fly in added some spark and has seen me back at the Tumut Aero Club to make enquiries this weekend just gone.