CH701 builder

derekliston

Hi to all, I am a recently retired LAME. I have been building(and swearing at) a CH701 for about the past 4yrs. It looks like an aeroplane now but still needs paint, instruments etc. Believe people when they tell you they have less time after retirement than when they were working. However, it is my intention to buckle down and finish it. What I would like is to contact some pilots who fly these, preferably at Kilcoy. I live in Ipswich so I still have a fair drive to Kilcoy and would rather drive up when I am sure someone will be there. There are a few things I would like to see how other people have tackled. I would also be keen to have a fly in one since thus far I haven't. I have a VH registration for mine since I am hopeful of flying from the strip at Willowbank (if I can find out who to talk to) and it is I believe in Amberley's airspace. I'm interested to hear from anyone about anything to do with flying but in particular CH701.

Hi to all, I am a recently retired LAME. I have been building(and swearing at) a CH701 for about the past 4yrs. It looks like an aeroplane now but still needs paint, instruments etc. Believe people when they tell you they have less time after retirement than when they were working. However, it is my intention to buckle down and finish it. What I would like is to contact some pilots who fly these, preferably at Kilcoy. I live in Ipswich so I still have a fair drive to Kilcoy and would rather drive up when I am sure someone will be there. There are a few things I would like to see how other people have tackled. I would also be keen to have a fly in one since thus far I haven't. I have a VH registration for mine since I am hopeful of flying from the strip at Willowbank (if I can find out who to talk to) and it is I believe in Amberley's airspace. I'm interested to hear from anyone about anything to do with flying but in particular CH701.

Hi Derek welcome to the forum l am also doing a full rebuild on a ch701 it was first built in 1995 it was the first of its type so l am modifying it to update to the present l have the 2003 plans if you need any info l hope l can help.

cheers Geoff