Best way to replumb fuel lines/fuel pumps

Just replacing all existing fuel lines on my Streak Shadow, and interested in peoples ideas.

The current system draws fuel from bottom tank (under cockpit) thru a filter, into a primer squeeze bulb, thru to mikuni pulse pump driven off the Rotax 582, into twin carbies. So, fuel is drawn from below engine, and the squeeze bulb is just used for priming.

Question 1: I was thinking of putting a second line around the squeeze bulb in case the bulb blocked during flight, but seeing as I only use the bulb for priming, would it be better to put a Facet cube pump (in series) in place of the squeeze bulb, as this would:

a) allow me to prime from inside the cockpit (lazy, I know), AND

b) could be used as an emergency backup for the engine driven pump.

NOTE - The primary purpose of the new Facet would be only to prime the fuel lines, and not used after engine start.

Question 2. If I use a Facet pump IN SERIES, would it be recommended to use this on takeoffs and landing as well?

Question 3.

The Streak uses clear plastic tubing as a fuel level indicator for the top tank, which sits below the engine, and also as fuel tank vents. Tubing is rock hard, and need replacing before I fly. Is there a particular (best) brand of clear tubing (about 1/8" internal diameter) I should be using as a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

Sound like a system I had for a 447. Though the priming was not done through the main fuel line as you describe-don't know how that works. Using a primer to keep an engine running may not work-you're injecting a rich supply of fuel suitable when the engine is cold. I could't find any clear fuel resistant tubing for my fuel level indicater, so just replaced the tubing often. Any leaks there could have dumped fuel onto my head and saturated my clothing. The hose from the crankcase to the fuel pump needs to be as short and stiff as possible. The vacuum pulses will be cancelled out by a flexing tube. There is cheap overhaul kit for the fuel pump from Burt Flood.