June long weekend celebration

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Hello all,

Just a little bit of a post here re the Queens Birthday June Long Weekend. Every year Emma and the kids and I make the annual pilgrimage to my folks property NE of Bathurst NSW. During this 'shindig' we have fireworks/bbqs/grog and generally a great time. This year there will also be aircraft spotting and ACARS decoding (amongst other things) happening. The aircraft that pass over here are usually Asia Bound and passing through at about 35-40,000ft. Makes for some great communications monitoring and picture opportunities. There may even be an Aerochute on location. We are inviting all that are interested to attend. It will basically be from Friday the 8th June through Sunday 10th June. All are most welcome (and certainly children). It is a camping style affair as we have very limited water there but if you bring a tent/trailer/van/combi and plenty of warm clothes etc it will be a blast! There will be access to a toilet and cooking facilities. You can either respond to this thread here if you are interested in attending or you can PM me or email me at sydneyweather at optusnet dot com dot au. Let's see if we can make this a record weekend where like-minded people meet and get to have a ball. :)

Guest David C

Darren ,

Pending work I will be there ;)...Marilyn I know is working that weekend so she will be absent . If I can make it I will , even for a day visit .. I will keep you posted . Keeping fingers crossed ...

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear
Darren ,Pending work I will be there ;)...Marilyn I know is working that weekend so she will be absent . If I can make it I will , even for a day visit .. I will keep you posted . Keeping fingers crossed ...

Ok mate. That would be good. Let me know when you are aware.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

Ok. This is now confirmed for next weekend. Can those that wish to attend either PM me or email or post here to confirm your attendance. All are most welcome. If you did not reply originally please do so. For those that did, just let me know again so I have a better idea of numbers. On the Saturday day there will be some aircraft spotting/monitoring and Saturday night there will be a huge bonfire with fireworks. If you PM me I can give you further details aswell as a contact number for me and the property.

Hello all,Just a little bit of a post here re the Queens Birthday June Long Weekend. Every year Emma and the kids and I make the annual pilgrimage to my folks property NE of Bathurst NSW. During this 'shindig' we have fireworks/bbqs/grog and generally a great time. This year there will also be aircraft spotting and ACARS decoding (amongst other things) happening. The aircraft that pass over here are usually Asia Bound and passing through at about 35-40,000ft. Makes for some great communications monitoring and picture opportunities. There may even be an Aerochute on location. We are inviting all that are interested to attend. It will basically be from Friday the 8th June through Sunday 10th June. All are most welcome (and certainly children). It is a camping style affair as we have very limited water there but if you bring a tent/trailer/van/combi and plenty of warm clothes etc it will be a blast! There will be access to a toilet and cooking facilities. You can either respond to this thread here if you are interested in attending or you can PM me or email me at sydneyweather at optusnet dot com dot au. Let's see if we can make this a record weekend where like-minded people meet and get to have a ball. :)

Hey Darren - Is there a strip there??

Cheers,

Chris

Guest Fred Bear

Chris,

Hello mate. About 250m on a slope aligned North South. Trees on threshold Southern end and cliff on threshold Northern end. You have brakes? If you do you will probably make it in? I can give you co-ords etc if you email me or PM. Depends on what you are used to flying on mate.

Guest Fred Bear

Chris,

I can check out the strip and give you a call on the Saturday if you like? Apart from that there will be a place under cover for you to park the trike to keep it out of the dew in the night.

Guest David C

Darren,

Sorry mate can't make it for the long weekend , work as always seems to be the case , intervenes again . I'm disappointed as a warm beer , a pork pie or three and celebrating Her Majesties Birthday seems like the perfect weekend to me , what with being a devout Monarchist and all that ..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif.. Have great time and have a few pints for me ..

Long live the Queen ..

Dave C