Battery size?

Guest GraemeM

Guest GraemeM

Can someone help me out please.

What is the minimum size battery in CCA that is required to reliably start a 582?

I don;t want to carry more than I need.

Graeme.

What size cable will you use and how close to the starter will the battery be? Do you want a battery that can start the motor in winter as well as summer? What if the engine is a bit hard to start? Would it be ok then to require a jump start from an external battery?

There's not a really simple answer

Can someone help me out please.What is the minimum size battery in CCA that is required to reliably start a 582?

I don;t want to carry more than I need.

Graeme.

check Lipo motorcycle battery on ebay very light ,many cca avaliable bit expensive but if weight is critical these save several kilos over equivelant AGM batteries

Mick

• Like 1

Guest GraemeM
What size cable will you use and how close to the starter will the battery be? Do you want a battery that can start the motor in winter as well as summer? What if the engine is a bit hard to start? Would it be ok then to require a jump start from an external battery?There's not a really simple answer

Good questions.

No cable size as yet, any suggestions?

Distance from battery to starter is no more than 1metre.

I live in North Qld, it is always summer.

If my engine becomes hard to start then it needs some maintenance.

Pud is using a battery at 220cca, anybody successfully using any smaller?

Graeme.

Munro the 680 od, kicks over the 912/914 without too much effort, so considering that you might be able to get away with as little as 150cca after all it is only a mossy smoke maker.. :)

• Like 1

Have a look at FULLRIVER batteries. you certainly wont want bigger than the PC625 equivalent (starts my 0-200 comfortably) I bought one recently and used it to start my 4 litre V8 quite easily ($100) much to the amusement of the mechanics at Toyota