The Oaks to Old Sydney Town

dlps73

This Navex was to re-enforce the discipline required transiting the Light Aircraft Lane that runs from Parramatta to the Hawksbury river.

We boarded the Plastic Parrot at 30am yesterday and flew off into the not so wild blue yonder.

Whilst my navigational skills have improved my radio skills are bordering on the pathetic (I was Jabiru 3190 for those who were unfortunate enough to be on frequency at the time).

Cheers.........Doug

Hoxton Park

[ATTACH]2082[/ATTACH]

Prospect Reservoir

[ATTACH]2083[/ATTACH]

Eastern Creek

[ATTACH]2084[/ATTACH]

Hornsby Railway Sheds

[ATTACH]2085[/ATTACH]

Hawksbury Railway Bridge

[ATTACH]2086[/ATTACH]

Bridge

[ATTACH]2087[/ATTACH]

Old Sydney Town

[ATTACH]2088[/ATTACH]

Hoxton-Park.jpg.f2fc27cfbd8374e3c80d4993370af2b9.jpg

Prospect-Reservoir.jpg.bf41d6b2cf35bb1d56325d9df69a6c9d.jpg

Eastern-Creek.jpg.a825ab5ac20189f26249130bbec82860.jpg

Hornsby-Railway-Sheds.jpg.b0c1cc9a3af3b8f471e48b716a51453e.jpg

Hawksbury-Railway-Bridge.jpg.e026abbcac8e0558ae35053e4cfc326a.jpg

Bridge.jpg.cce15a1d38300b0c061cea82f321278a.jpg

Old-Sydney-Town.jpg.63019a8e1c30f9ab8b5551032cdee004.jpg

Guest Robbo

From memory I think the arrow pointing to BK is on top of the south dural tanks. The same one with the strobe on top for southbound traffic in the lane that DLPS73 mentioned.

From memory, this goes back a while:) I think the arrow is a relic from when Westmead Hospital used to be an inbound tracking point to BK.

South Dural Tanks S 33 41.9 E 151 01.4

Robbo - I checked the co-ordinates (I think it's the 3 tanks together, 1 big 2 little?) and there's no sign of any arrow in Google Earth......

Maybe they thought it was graffiti and painted over it.....

Cheers........Doug

Guest Fred Bear

Doug,

I must have seen you at The Oaks on Sunday and not realised??What was the total time for the trip?Nice pics too :)

Guest David C

Doug ,

Nice trip report mate . Like the photos too . Have a great time flying the "big one " via Cowra and Bathurst . I hope to catch up with you one day over at The Oaks . Take care and enjoy the freedom of the air !! .;)

Dave C

SP - I'll try Google Earth again!

Darren - We came in just as you guys were pulling the trike out. I had a quick cuppa with Dave and then shot through to get some lunch. Was going to stop and say hello but was over ruled by my stomach...:big_grin:

Trip time was 1.7 and Dave took the majority of the photos so can claim no credit there except for a bit of Photoshop work.

You'll have to instruct me on how to get them to load full page instead of thumbnails.

Dave C - Thanks for the encouragement and I'll no doubt meet you and Darren and all of the Oaks Flyers in due course....;)

Cheers.........Doug

Guest Fred Bear

Sorry I missed you then. I think I saw you looking over our way. No problems.Always next time.

You'll have to instruct me on how to get them to load full page instead of thumbnails.

I will send you a PM later on this evening re this. :)