Westy - 3261

Ian West

Hi all

Just decided to get back on the site - i live at Dongara in WA - 360k north of Perth.

Certainly do not fly as much as I like - have to work unfortunatly.

I fly a Jabiru SK LSA 55-3261 -which I flew back from Boona in QLD some 4 years ago.

She is a nice little craft - not my ideal aircraft but hey you fly what you can afford.

I am considering putting a VG kit on 3261 - would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done similar.

Cheers for now

Westy

Hi allJust decided to get back on the site - i live at Dongara in WA - 360k north of Perth.

Certainly do not fly as much as I like - have to work unfortunatly.

I fly a Jabiru SK LSA 55-3261 -which I flew back from Boona in QLD some 4 years ago.

She is a nice little craft - not my ideal aircraft but hey you fly what you can afford.

I am considering putting a VG kit on 3261 - would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done similar.

Cheers for now

Westy

Welcome to the forum Westy. Considering you're just up the line at Dongara, why not fuel up the little Jab and chuff on down south to Bindoon some weekend for an overnight stop? We'd feed ya & fluid ya and flop ya and even fix up some fuel for you to get back home. Looking forward to meeting you in the future. cheers y'all

I installed a set of stick-on lexan VG's on my Jodel D9, in an effort to reduce stall speed (she had gained too much weight).

Tickling the stall at 4000' on four compass points and averaging GPS readings I got stall down from 44 to 40kts. Doesn't sound revolutionary, but that translates to a slower approach and shorter ground run.

So VG's do work, but I've heard it said they are a poor substitute for good wing design.