Air Australia

dlps73

Heads up guys and gals......

ABC TV this Thursday 8:30pm

Start of a three part series called Air Australia.

This weeks title "Canvas and Sticks"

Not sure if it's about ultralights (the aircraft not our forum member keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif ) but its got to beat big Brother!

Cheers..........Doug

Guest David C

Its a 3 part series . Part 1 being shown this Thursday . The TV guide describes it as a history of Aussie Aviation . Hopefully it will be good ..

Dave C

Guest b1rd

It did have some great archival footage of aircraft from WW1 and the 1920's which is of great interest to me personally ..... and a lot of CGI.

It is basically a documentary of the major Aussie characters/larrikins involved in all aspects of aviation from its infancy to the present over 3 episodes. It's a must see.

How can you mention BB in the same breath dips lol .... shame !

• 3 weeks later...

I only caught the last part of the last episode, and was dismayed (but perhaps not all that disappointed) to hear the "Douglas 727" referred to on a couple of occasions.

Such a simple, boneheaded mistake in basic journalism bespeaks a program whose integrity and veracity must surely now be questionable. As to the interpretations of the factual basis of things like the 1989 pilots strike, one can only wonder what left-wing spin the writers have placed in their script, given they can't even get the manufacturer of one of the world's greatest first-generation tri-jets correct.

On that basis I will not be buying the series when it (inevitably) becomes available on DVD.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story" is the journalist's credo. I vividly recall telling one high-priced Channel Nine female journo I was overqualified for journalism. When she asked why I simply replied "because I can read and write!"

Guest David C
On that basis I will not be buying the series when it (inevitably) becomes available on DVD.

It already is available on DVD . Spotted it in the ABC shop yesterday . Don't waste time do they !! .

Dave C

The Program missed our real history...

G'day "Team", :)

I was by and large, quite disappointed with the presentation and view of our past aviation history with this program. Yes, there were some reviews and facts as to our early well-known aviators but their history is and has been well documented already. When the promo’s were on re this upcoming series I thought it was going to cover the various people, their aircraft and locations of the many many aviators who were involved in our early aviation. But no – it was just a re-hash of well know events and a miss-mash of Ansett’s crash landing.

Quite a poor presentation of our history overall. :;)1:

History.

This series of three episodes is so bad that it would be better that it had never been done at all. Unfortunately history distorted becomes historical fact. Don't waste your money buying the disc, it will only encourage them, The production team should hang their heads in shame. Bad one ABC. Nev...