Morgan Aeroworks kits

I am currently building a Morgan Sierra. I went to the factory and spent a couple of days putting the fuselage frame together & talking to Garry & son Tim. The kit is nothing like say a Savannah kit which is all CNC machined & rivet holes drilled etc. You get well drafted plans & a manual plus tube, sheet, plate etc & you cut, bend & drill everything yourself. Garry also has photos & a video of construction but you get full consultation for the life of the project. Garry's manual is not easy to read or understand but eventually you work out that he has written it just as thoughts have popped into his head & a lot is left for you to work out.

I have always found Garry to be extremely helpful whenever I have had a problem & more often than not after agonising over how to fit something etc I ring Garry find the solution is ridiculously simple. He has designed the aircraft to be built using just basic hand tools & generally this is all you need. An air riveter is a good idea or you'll probably end up with RSI in the wrist from a manual one & air hammer with a snap fitting & dolly for solid rivets is also a good idea.

Also follow the sequence he recommends & don't make changes because you think they might be better. Garry's been building aircraft since the 1980s & so has the process pretty well refined. A lot of builders have decided to make their own modifications which often then lead to other problems plus extra weight.

Also check out the blogs on the Morgan Aeroworks usergroup forums. This is the link to my build blog. http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/sierra-100-kit-build-underway.27366/

Kevin