Pistol Pete (Pilot Pete was taken)

Pistol Pete

Hi all, I live in Agnes Water on the Capricorn coast in Qld and fly a certified Drifter from my own strip just behind town. Also fly a workmates Jab 200 from Bundy to Dingo in central Qld for work every few days- weather permitting. New (5 yrs) to flying but can't get enough of it now.

Welcome to the forums Pistol Pete.

Hopefully your avitar does not refer to your drinking habits:cheers: prior to flying?

There's a few larrikins here, and lots to learn.

Great to have you with us.

Kind Regards

Planey

Hiya Peter. . . . We have a "Pirate Pete" in our local Club. . .[ Dunno why. . .he's never been near a galleon as far as I'm aware. . . ] flies a Microflight Spectrum, which is a throwback to the dark ages, first built in 1985 / 6. . . Ally frame, 40 feet ( S**T what's that in Aussie / French Kilometres ?? ) composite wingspan. . . ally tube ftame with no fabric covering, ( can't find a picture at the moment, ) big, 'eavy thing with a tiny Rotax 503 on the top in tractor config. and only a 25 litre fuel tank. . . Most of them have now been downgraded to single seat ops. Anyway. . . . ( as usual. . . ) I rapidly digress.

( "Larrikins" on here !!! ) I have not heard that term since I departed rwy 19 for the last time at Eagle farm in Sept 1982. . . . !

Lots of nice people about anyway. . . well, commuting to work in a flying appliance ! What luxury. I have not done that for a lot of years, , and I'm most envious.

Keep in touch Peter, your life sounds a lot more interesting than mine ( ahhhhh . . . cue violins . . . )

Kind regards,

Phil P.

Welcome Pistol Peter

I am only a new member also.

Some of my friends and I were going to fly up to the airfield at Agnes's Waters at Anzac Day weekend for a couple of days. Hope we would get to meet you when we are there

Merv