Icom IC-A20 MK II - it won't go..!

I've got a slight problem... I accidentally left my radio on the other day - aka master switch - on my plane and flattened the battery dead as dead. More frustration than anything there... however now after charging the battery I come to turn my radio on, and it ain't turning on!

Found a blown 1 amp fuse which I thought was the problem, so I excitedly fitted a new one, being happy that it was such an easy fix! My joy was short lived however, when it only lit up the backlight on the radio and nothing else....

So I've dug deaper and pulled the radio out of the plane and have pulled it apart...hoping to not find a fried mother board or something - which I didn't. I did find a little 3v button battery in-side though, and it gave me the thought that maybe it has gone flat flat and now it won't let the cpu work or something. What do you educated fixerers think?

If I leave it on the power for a while will it get recharged or should I pull it out and fit a new one?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree completely and should I go back to swinging spanners instead?

Thanks!

Ps. Here's a photo of the inards of the radio and the little button battery. (why the photo is up-side-down is beyond me, I took it standing on my feet, honest!)

819817377_photo2.JPG.bc630e1967b60933317c33e5aa5ec2ab.JPG

Send it to me Tommo I will have a look at it for you....Xmas present for you for all your good work. I will be away tomorrow morning until the 3rd of January if you can wait that long. I don't think the battery affects the main CPU other than it won't hold it's memories its been a long time since I looked at a a20 I have a service manual for it here

Gee Mark, your being a bit hard on Tomo here, I'm certain he would have only used his little hammer to get it apart.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I dare not ask you your slant on 'engine reconditioners'..........

JimG

Send it to me Tommo I will have a look at it for you....Xmas present for you for all your good work. I will be away tomorrow morning until the 3rd of January if you can wait that long. I don't think the battery affects the main CPU other than it won't hold it's memories its been a long time since I looked at a a20 I have a service manual for it here

You're a legend, thanks I'll do that for sure. Shoot us your mailing address when you get back and I'll chuck it in the post... Have to borrow one in the interim as I'm taking the plane on Holidays next week! (they always know when to cark it don't they!!)