Fighter pilot autobiography

Hi all. I just finished reading an autobiography called "fighter pilot".

It's by ex RAAF F18 pilot Mac "Serge" Tucker. If anyone wants to read an aviation based book that is funny, insightful, and informative I can highly recommend this book.

Cheers, happy reading and flying.

FL

Where did you pick it up from?

I have just read Squadron Airborne (twice in the last couple of weeks). It is a fictional account of a Spitfire squadron during the Battle. Written by Elleston Trevor and published in 1955, it is a really good read with great technical appreciation.

I borrowed it from Nagambie Soaring Club at Wahring field located adjacent the highway and mid-way between Shepparton and Nagambie. Very good grass strips there, 03/21 of great length and described in ERSA, and 08/26 or thereabouts which is about 450 metres and not mentioned but ok to use if a strong westerly is blowing. All circuits to the east. Very friendly club there, mainly winch although I might do some tugging for them, and they welcome visitors.

kaz

Hi all. I just finished reading an autobiography called "fighter pilot".It's by ex RAAF F18 pilot Mac "Serge" Tucker. If anyone wants to read an aviation based book that is funny, insightful, and informative I can highly recommend this book.

Cheers, happy reading and flying.

FL

Just finished reading the book myself. Never been one to sit down and churn through a novel as I am generally too busy... but this one I couldn't put down, great read.