Final Message from Dad.

winsor68

I was just looking through my E-mails... having a clean-out... when I found this. Don't know how I missed it.

This was the final communication I had with my Dad... He passed away a month after sending this E-mail. He was unable to talk by this time. It was Dad's influence which gave me my life long love of Aviation... and we shared our passion until the very end.

I thought you may enjoy the links to Youtube he shared in his final message... Probably no one interested in the personal part as addressed to my brother and myself but I will share the whole thing as I received it... Just... because. He was so ill in the end this would have taken a BIG effort for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Garrick and Don

thought you might like these links to You Tube videos on Hanna Reitch and the history of gliders

Mum said look for the silver C

Love Dad

• Like 7

Mum is visiting with us at the moment...

She is reading Dad's copy of the memoirs of Hanna Reitsch... I am a bit nervous of even touching it. Such a precious family heirloom to us with Dad's distinctive signature inside the front cover.

IMAG0812.jpg

Guest Maj Millard

Donald, that would be a fascinating book to read for sure !...I recently read a book on the German Me-162 rocket fighter of WW2 which she also test flew, and they mentioned her quite a bit in that book...She certainly was an interesting woman and aviator for sure..............................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif