Blue mountains/Katoomba "Fly friendly" Help required.

flying dog

Way back the ERSA showed these things.

No I am &^*^ered if I can find any mention.

From what I have been told it is basically: "Don't draw attention to yourself."

I am wanting to do a scenic flight in/around the blue mountains/3 sisters/Katoomba area.

I appreciate and don't want to annoy anyone, but there again, I don't want to do a "scenic flight" at 6,000 feet either.

Anyone?

Hi there - its on page 854 in my new ERSA under Special Procedures. It says preferred scenic routes can be obtained by the park manager on 02)4787 8877. Minimum 2000 ft above the terrain. Hope that helps!

Thanks.

Don't know how I missed that. I like 13.4:

Except when operating on preferred scenic routes, pilots are requested to maintain a minimum altitude of 2000 ft above the surface of the park.

PREFERRED SCENIC ROUTES.......

And are "we" allowed to fly those PREFERRED routes? Where are they listed?

Guest Howard Hughes

ERSA GEN-SP Special Procedures page 12

In a nutshell maintain 2000 feet above the elevation of the park and not within 600M of vertical points.

Have fun! 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

it just says that preferred scenic routes can be obtained by the park manager at that number. I would guess he/she/it would be able to email it to you. sounds like preferred routes might get you even lower than 2,000 and other than that just stay above that and you'll be right.

I don't see why "we" wouldn't be able to, as long as we observe whatever airspace rules are over the area, and we don't do it for hire or reward. Hope that helps, and if you do it, please post pics! Its on my list too!

Yeah, I shall have to call that number then and ask.

It was just I couldn't find it and had to look in an OLD ERSA to get the details and wasn't sure if the phone number was still valid.

Thanks.