"Grave digging"

damkia

Ian,

Is there any thought to restricting people from picking an old thread, > say 3 months old, and simply add a non vital/trivial post to it for no reason? (commonly known as "grave digging" in other fora)

I have noticed it a couple of times lately...

I'm not complaining about people that value-add to the thread as a source of new information, simply suggesting that some sort of a statement be made about the practice of grave digging.

Guest GraemeM

I was going to add my thoughts on this too, but instead I think I might wait abouts 3 months then post so I can be sure I know what I am talking about.

Graeme.

... "grave digging" ... picking an old thread, > say 3 months old

Gosh! Here I was thinking you had found something in the Financials! 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

I think people find this forum after searching for something - a problem, engine / plane type, accident etc. Then post something trivial so they can find it again. The other time I have seen it is to reinvigorate a Classified that is still for sale but has slipped off the radar. Occasionally the Flying Guernsey Cow has trouble with directional control and Bumps into things. :bye:But we love him.

Sue