Waddya mean no flying at The Oaks tomorrow ?

Guest b1rd

Guest b1rd

I saw a seagull flying along just then without a care in the world .... gale-force winds, strong gusts, wind-shear, wind-drift, turbulance, heavy rain and low cloud didn't bother the old fellow. In fact he was thoroughly enjoying himself and using all that nature could throw at him to his advantage. Be nice to be like that.

I hope The Oaks aircraft are well secured, the airfield is not submerged and the sheds and hangers have not been blown away ! Has anyone been down to check it out ?

Guest Emma Masters

As long as the Departure Lounge and coffee machine is still up and running im sure its all good there:big_grin:..We haven't been out there and really this weekend isn't going to be the best for it either, infact i think we would get bogged driving in the entrance of 'The Oaks Airfield'...

Guest Emma Masters

I was just actually thinking Whack777 i hope your Jab in ok out there in these horrible conditions...She'll need pampering;)

Guest Fred Bear

I'm keen. Coming with me b1rd? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif We fly until we find clearer weather. The wind has to be about a 40kt southerly right now.

Here is the current Sydney Airport ATIS:

SYDNEY TERMINAL INFORMATION ROMEO

Approach: EXP ILS APCH

Runway: 16L AND R FOR ARRS AND DEPS

Surface Conditions: WET

Operational Info: HIGH INTENSITY LIGHTING ON.

PARALLEL RWY OPS IN PROG.

INDEPENDENT DEPARTURES IN PROG

Wind: 140/30-40

CROSSWIND MAX 12 KNOTS

Visibility: 7 KM, REDUCED TO 4000 M

IN RA

Cloud: FEW 1500, BROKEN 2500, BROKEN 3500

Temperature: 13

Guest David C

Pity I'm working Darren , otherwise I would have been keen for a spot of VTOL in the Bantam today .006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I've been a bit concerned re: Waynes Jabiru , and Keiths Skyranger too , hope they are ok .

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear

Mate, I think Wayne has flown it down to Melbourne (somehow).Don't know about the Skyranger.Hopefully the inside is not wet.

Evening Boys & Girls,

Flew today with two students. Weather was good. Light wind straight down 18, very mild turbulence and a cloud base of 4,500.

Had to land a bit long to avoid a puddle or two on the runway, but otherwise a luvverly day to go for a fly (and absolutely no queueing for an airyplane).

Hope to see a few more of youse out and about tomorrow (Monday).

Bruce

Guest Fred Bear

You want see me. Just got home from a night shift. We were wondering what the water situation would be like there. Do you need a 4wd to get in there Bruce? I will be there Sunday (weather permitting). Nice to have the wind down 18. No trees there on approach!

We were wondering what the water situation would be like there. Do you need a 4wd to get in?

No, the field is suprisingly dry. Obviously didn't get as much rain as other areas. Wind today was West/South West. (Good for some crosswind practice.) Only had four people flying today, so pretty quiet for a long weekend.

Cheers,

Bruce

Guest Fred Bear

Hmm, must not have had that much precipitation there then. We had 128mm over night here. Yard is still trying to recover from all the rain. Amazing to see properties now Western NSW flooded. Talk about from one extreme to another.Talk to you soon Bruce.

No, the field is suprisingly dry. Obviously didn't get as much rain as other areas. Wind today was West/South West. (Good for some crosswind practice.) Only had four people flying today, so pretty quiet for a long weekend.Cheers,

Bruce

Blast !!!! I was going to go down yesterday Bruce but thought it would have been too sodden or worse ! And wasn't sure if you instructed on Sundays/Mondays ? I could have kept you on your toes in those cross-winds :confused:. Glad to hear there was no damage and the planes are okay.

[b1rd]Blast !!!! I was going to go down yesterday Bruce but thought it would have been too sodden or worse ! That'll learn ya, won't it. And wasn't sure if you instructed on Sundays/Mondays ? Filling in for Dave, who had the long weekend off. I could have kept you on your toes in those cross-winds :confused:. Glad to hear there was no damage and the planes are okay. I'm shattered! I thought you guys trusted the talking ballast in the right hand seat.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Hmm, must not have had that much precipitation there then. We had 128mm over night here. Yard is still trying to recover from all the rain. Amazing to see properties now Western NSW flooded. Talk about from one extreme to another.Talk to you soon Bruce.

We only had about 70 mm next door to The Oaks - and no strong winds !

Talking ballasts ! Learn ya's ! NO STRONG WINDS ! You mean I wasted a long weekend when I coulda been flyin' ! You guys know how to make a chap feel like 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif !!!! lol.