fed up

what in the world is it coming to

i have been screwed well and truly by the powers at the top

they wont examamine the l2 that put my plane together with no makers speceifations at all

did not use the rotax specations to replace the motor

had he had the manual on the storch s he would have found that in the manual there has to be a return fuel line to the tank

had he used the rotax installation manual he woul have found that a return fuel line to tank is required

now when i informed raa tec i was told not our reponsability tell the mauafcture about it

as for egt the same is in both manuals

as i cannot find where rotax have stated that it is not necesary to have the return line not in stalled on all 912 models back to tank

now if you have a 912 motor with out return line to tank is it legal neil

Hey Neil, I've seen your complaint about this elsewhere and I do sympathise, if the bloke hasn't done the job right you do have a reason for complaint. But I wonder if you're going about it the right way. I do agree with you, as we discussed on another thread, the manual does state, quite clearly, that ALL 912 engines MUST have a RESTRICTED return line fitted. OK.

But then you go on to talk about whether its legal or not, to not have it. It's pretty simple, if it was a factory built, being used for training, and originally fitted with it, then it should have it. If it was never fitted you'd be blaming the L2 for not fitting something he wasn't ever required to fit... and ultimately its not a case of legality its to do with professional malpractice in which case, if no-one's been injured then its a civil matter, not criminal. So you need to get your solicitor on the case, or just install a return line, which would be the very much cheaper solution. It's a bit like if the local mechanic doesn't do a good job fixing your crashed car. Queensland Transport (or your local State Authority) won't be interested, in the same way as RAA aren't (and don't need to be), neither would the Association of Motor Mechanics, for example. Fact is, its between you and the bloke that fixed the plane, or, if he was hired by an insurance Company then its between you and them, in which case you need a solicitor to represent you in dealing with them. I do understand your frustration but having a go at the wrong person is likely to make it all worse, you do need to follow the right procedure where disputes are concerned. Good luck.