Viber

For the open cockpit flyers

I have the ozrunways app for my iPad ( haven't tried it in flight yet) and I said to teenage son gee too bad the apple messaging is only good for apple users (most of my family are android users) because it would be really good for sending a text while flying, what with the big keyboard and all. He just looked at me the way they do and says ,"just get Viber".

It wasn't quite that simple because they haven't quite finished setting it up for iPad yet so we had to use my mobile number to accept the security code, but now it seems to work fine, and it's free. Not that I'm a cheapskate or anything.......

Hope this useful to some.

Regards Bill

Thanks Bill,

I talk with one of my Daughters in Oz often with Viber for free - that's talk, not message with my missus iPhone (i refuse to walk around with a brick in my pocket).

Of course Skype (free) is still my favorite and has the world's largest volume of International calls at the moment.

Thanks Bill,I talk with one of my Daughters in Oz often with Viber for free - that's talk, not message with my missus iPhone (i refuse to walk around with a brick in my pocket).

Of course Skype (free) is still my favorite and has the world's largest volume of International calls at the moment.

Another great "Ap" that works across both the eye-phone and android platforms is What's Ap. I have used it for about 6-7 months with family members on i-phone and android-based telephones and it's great.