What prop is your Lightwing wearing !

Doug Evans

What prop are flying around behind ?

Eg two or three blades / brand

What is legal .... How many choice do we have ?

What performance are u getting

What would u recommend to run on a Ligthwing 582 2:62 1 ratio

• 2 weeks later...
Bolly 68inch 3 blade great performer just fitted one 70 it cruise and is approved for Lightwing

That a 582 or 912 ?

Just fitted a 72 " bolly 2 blade today got 1000 ft climb and a cruise of 75 @ 5800 very impressed

582 blue top are you getting 75 out of the 582 ? i asked about the 2 blade 72 inch and they talked me out of it, i know 2 blades is best 2 for go 3 for show, glad your happy with that the 100hp rotax only just makes 80 ish thats a good outcome for you for sure.

582 blue top are you getting 75 out of the 582 ? i asked about the 2 blade 72 inch and they talked me out of it, i know 2 blades is best 2 for go 3 for show, glad your happy with that the 100hp rotax only just makes 80 ish thats a good outcome for you for sure.

Yes very impressed I away flown behind 3blades so was a bit sus but it worked out good even looks the part .

That was what bolly said was certified for the 582 s that why I went that way ..

image.jpg.09034a30753a5098206957b35efebc43.jpg

Yes very impressed I away flown behind 3blades so was a bit sus but it worked out good even looks the part .That was what bolly said was certified for the 582 s that why I went that way ..

oh yes that looks the part bloody serious prop hec it would have heaps of static thrust bet the brake wont hold it, even the 3 blade i had to tie off to hold it for run up test, but yea nice props for sure lightwing only approve bolly and Kieve which i havent heard about for years and thats it for prop choices acording to Howard, still Bolly kicks arse anyway so i am happy.

• Like 1

For others who don,t know what Im running.I was the first Lightwing owner to have the "uncertified prop issues" and had a awefull time rectifing the problem, however working with Peter at Bolly and Howard, My lightwing GR 582 runnng a 2:62.1 ratio was certified for a 2 blade Bolly 68 x 54... Performance was slightly less than the origanal FACTORY CERTIFIED Brolga 68" 3 blade,also not even close to running smooth with the Bolly..

The bolly after a mier 3 hrs work had a bad "stone chip"???????? right up at the Hub end of the prop..The Bolly was sent back and repaired very crudely..Still see splits in the top surface where the chip has been filled with a resin..After reinstalling the ORIGINALLY CERTIFIED PROP bROLGA 68" 3 BLADE Their is no comparison...The BROLGA kicks Ass... so silky smooth with 5800rpm cruise of 78kts or as i like 5400rpm at 70kts.... Sorry Bolly but wasn't happy and then the customer service????? crickey don,t get me started after sending my Bolly back express post, it sat on their bench unopened for 3 weeks and all my ringing made no difference. I rang on a sat only to be told very rudely not to ring on a sat as their closed???well don't have your Business phone divert to your home phone(which is at the hanger as He lives in a caravan on site)..not happy and should the time come for a new prop will not be going with Bolly again...

P.S To the Tech Manager whome descided the ORIGINAL props wernt CERTIFIED...Do your F#%^#ING homework(JOB) moron theses props where CERTIFIED and most are still in fine serviceable condition within expiry...??? hmm go figure...bl&*&Y clowns .

YES YES YES they are certified and LEGAL... OH this only applies to LIGHTWING owners whomes Plane was factory fitted with a 582 not a 532.. As mine was fitted from factory with a 582 my MTOW is 480kgs( as approved by RAA australia FEB 2013....)

lightwing 004 (4th factory built)

ahhh rant over..funny I feel a lil better now 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• 5 months later...

It appears that we will all have to buy newly made copies of the Allsize props from Howie, once they're signed off by a Reg35 engineer (or CASA's latest name change for the same person).

So all of us that were using the worlds best props, will have to replace our Warps (sorry, but it's true) with lumps of wood again 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

I wish I could figure out just what exactly proves a 'Safe History of Operation' (20,000 plus props made?) so that we can get Warps approved (if not certified), and put them back on.

Below is an excerpt from a reply I got from WarpDrive;

We are providing propellers for the LSA type aircraft. We have the supporting documents to show that the propellers meet the ASTM standards F2506-10e1 for ground adjustable propellers. We are finishing up with the propeller instruction manual and will have this available very shortly. Many of the LSA aircraft we have worked with are using the Rotax 912 engines in 80, 100 or 115 hp versions which we sell literally thousands of propellers per year for this type of engine. We have propellers that are documented in flight schools that are reaching over 3,000 hours of use before they are sent back for a minor resurfacing and rebalancing and shipped back for more flight time. There is no life limit of hours on our propellers. It is mainly depending on how rough of conditions the propellers are flown in and the damage sustained that will tell how many hours the propellers will last.

Arthur.