Video: Arrival to Dubbo Airport - Landing Bristell 24-8555

pilotdave69

Good work mate, it is so nice to hear pilots making appropriate and clear radio calls without stumbling over their words, it gives other traffic, ATC confidence that the pilot knows what he/she is doing.

Guest Maj Millard

I like those Bristells, had a good look at one last year at natfly....quality aeroplane for sure if you like speed and comfort..........................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
quality aeroplane for sure if you like speed and comfort.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Who doesn't like speed and comfort? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Well I put sheepskins in the Lightwing this year and , yes, well, they are comfortable...Speed however, I don't know if I would spend a lot of money for it in an aeroplane you know. I did see 90 kts on the Lightwing ASI today...admittantly as I was recovering from a good intentional stall at altitude !...I'm really more impressed with how slow an aeroplane can go, before it falls out of the sky !!...hence my love for the Slevcev Storch in the past cause it can go real slow !!............................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

be good when people post videos that we could see what's happening a bit around the hangars - just being nosey

great day for flying in that video - thanks

no bugs on the windscreen

no bug windscreen days are the best I reckon

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the comments.. Im very fussy with radio calls, ive listened to ATC for most of my life, which does help too. ONe must be clear and just say what has to be said and get off.

This panel is just a dream to look at .. Recently flew with Owner from Bathurst to Tyabb in Vic, 3.5 hours, landed at Corowa for fuel and then i did second leg to Tyabb..

I also gave the Autopilot a quick try, works a wonder, held ALT and heading perfectly. I do have some more pics of the cockpit, so much info available.

All engine info is now displayed on EFIS, although still have analogue for CHT and EGT.

If anyone ever make a trip to Bathurst, give Central West Flying a call and the CFI or myself when instructor rating is completed, only too happy to take people for a spin.

This aircraft not for Ab Intio hire, only full pilots, plenty of RA conversions being done as well.

Once seated in this comfy beast, you do not want to get out. haha.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

I like those Bristells, had a good look at one last year at natfly....quality aeroplane for sure if you like speed and comfort..........................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

This can easily get 135 TAS . When you stick the 6 cyl jab in , instead of Rotax, will get some good performance.

• Like 1