Italy to Australia

Tecsar

Posting for awareness and if anyone is interested in providing sponsorship or other support to these 2 guys from Italy. 2 aircraft. A Tecnam Eaglet and a Texan, so local dealers may want to engage with them.

http://www.ridingtheskies.com/index.php/en/

"Take-off is scheduled for October 2013 from the airfield of Cassola (Vicenza, Italy) on board two small ULM aeroplanes. Our flight will last 110 hours and include landing and taking off from 40 different airports. We will travel 22,000 km altogether and fly over 14 states. After crossing the Mediterranean Sea, the North African deserts, the forests of India, and enjoying an unforgettable birds-eye view of the coasts and islands of Malaysia and Indonesia, we will glide over the deserts of Australia and finally reach our destination - Sydney, Australia - on a journey lasting 22 days."

I have been in contact to offer planning and ground support for their Australia legs. Have suggested some changes e.g. YBAF instead of YBBN and YSBK instead of YSSY and offer to host them when in South East Qld.

They are wanting to sell these aircraft in Australia after the flight instead of shipping back home. I will get further info from them and post ads on various web sites on their behalf.

If you recall a very similar trip recently by Dave Sykes from UK in a trike, they are in contact with Dave for planning and lessons learned.

Steve.

• Like 1

Guest ozzie

Small world. I have flown from this airstrip when I travelled to the region on work trips.

Looks like a great adventure.

• 4 months later...