Car hire in YSCB

I_Con

Hi all

I'm taking the family to Canberra for the day tomorrow to go see the war memorial, Questacon, e.t.c. I will be parking at GA parking off taxiway charlie near the 12 threshold. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I would go about either getting a hire car from that part of the airport or how to get my family (which includes 2 young children that require baby seats) to the terminal where I can get a car?

Thanks in advance.

Con

Con,

All the regular rental companies are represented in the baggage claim area of the main terminal, not sure if they will drop off or meet you at ga Its not a long walk but might be a challenge with a tribe.

Not an expert, but they all have their own particular areas for pick up and drop off. If you familiarise yourself with the airport you may be able to have the tribe wait somewhere while you get the car. Easier if you are not at a busy time. Nev

Mate, they have just relocated the parking bays to the first of the multi story cat parks, and as mentioned the kiosks are in . the terminal.

your best bet may be to leave them in the hut at theGA entrance and head over to the airport terminal to get the car, then back to pick them up. nomad drive, from memory

Thanks guys.

I have made a few phone calls and it seems I'm in for a bit of a walk. Apparently thrifty are the closest, and if it was any other day they tell me they would happily pick me up but not enough staff on a Sunday. Might all be pointless though as the weather is not looking favorable (as usual).

The GA hut is really quite a comfortable place to leave the tribe. There are toilets in the building and the flying school provides free tea, coffee and bikkies for everyone. Problem is they'd need to hold an ASIC or be under the supervision of someone with one or Airport Security might have taken them away by the time you get back!

If they exit the airport with you then Gate 3 does also have a little room with some chairs on the non-secure side they could wait in. There's also a little public toilet at the end of Nomad drive (about 100 metres away). No tea or biscuits but they'll be out of the weather.

It's probably only a 5-10 minute walk to the terminal but a longer drive back due to the construction work and traffic lights.

Thanks for all the replies guys. All useful info that I can use for my next trip down to YSCB but unfortunately I didn't make it yesterday.

I had 3 different flight plans ready, all in different directions, and all were unflyable due to weather so ended up taking the family down victor one.