Dacron repair

silvercity

What adhesive do I use to glue a patch over a small triangular tear on the rudder?

If you're just looking at a simple straight tear and not needing to attempt a patch, why not use sail repair tape? It's secure & effective, available in various colours, cheap and easy, and it won't let go! For the sake of rag & tube aviation posterity, the Smithsonian Institute should record the triumvirate of Duct tape, WD40, and Sail Repair Tape! cheers

• Agree 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Generally whatever colour you have, there will be a self adhesive patch the same colour. The fact that its new skins means that the patch should be exactly the same, its when the colour fades a bit that you'll struggle (and need to apply the bettsometer, cause fade and reduced strength go hand in hand)

Andy

What adhesive do I use to glue a patch over a small triangular tear on the rudder?

Hi Silvercity,

I should hopefully be able to order some adhesive repair in the colour you require through the sail company i deal with.

It is around $20- or so per meter.

If i can be of any assistance, let me know. Mob - 0430 207 783

Kind regards,

Emah

I've had to use some sail repair on my plane, the stuff I used is clear ,you can see the patch but from 5 ft it blends in okay, not sure how it would handle a high airspeed but I'll never have that problem ,I doubt the drifter would either. I bought it from BCF ,pretty cheap