boleropilot here !

g'day guys,

just put a thread on the flightsim section, i'm a big fan, i write the flightsim articles for Australian Flying magazine

my aviation background includes skydiving, paragliding, gliding, hot air balloons and radio control aircraft

my dream is to start my ultralight pilot training by the end of '07, then purchase either a drifter or sapphire, my home airstrip will be Boonah (i'm a member of the Flying Tigers club based at Boonah)

looking forward to being a part of the forum community

cheers

boleropilot

Guest David C

Welcome Bolerpilot ,

I hope your dreams and aspirations all come true . Heres to a long and friendly association with our group and fly safe .

Dave C

Welcome Boleropilot. you will have to tell us about ballooning as I don't think we have any balloonatics on the forum so far. It is far too cold for skydiving and there are larger radio controlled models than the plane I fly.

thanks for the welcome david c and yenn

my 'association' with ballooning was as crew chief for the balloon that operates out of Ipswich (S E Qld), which basically means i did a lot of the physical work in getting the big beast in the air (not easy) then chasing it in the retrieve vehicle (easy - it's that big coloured thing in the sky) then finding and gaining access to the paddock it's in to help with the retrieve (usually easy) then getting the passengers and balloon all packed up and on the road back to Ipswich (not easy)

sounds like a pain but in reality a lot of fun (apart from the pre-dawn starts)

interesting thing about balloons is they only travel downwind (doh) so landings can be a bit - how do you say - interesting

cheers

bp

G'day and welcome Boleropilot

Welcome to the Forum.

Hope to hear more from you!

Cheers

John Canaway

Guest Mangoman
g'day guys,just put a thread on the flightsim section, i'm a big fan, i write the flightsim articles for Australian Flying magazine

my aviation background includes skydiving, paragliding, gliding, hot air balloons and radio control aircraft

my dream is to start my ultralight pilot training by the end of '07, then purchase either a drifter or sapphire, my home airstrip will be Boonah (i'm a member of the Flying Tigers club based at Boonah)

looking forward to being a part of the forum community

cheers

boleropilot

Hi. I love flightsims and rc planes, even though my electric biplane won't fly. I recon the best flight sim is Flight gear. u cn download this from www.flightgear.org cheers