What could ground the RAAus

Spriteah

I'm actually doing a PhD on psychometrics and statistical modelling in individual differences at the moment. I hope I don't come across as harsh or condescending,.

Well you have certainly taken some of what i have said far more literally then it was worded or intended . You should know better then anyone if you are studying psych that studies of small populations are applied to other populations all the time. Id didnt say there stats are our stats. I said they would be far more representative then non representative. I think you may want to stop studying psychology, because after many years in medicine i can safely say. Most populations use the best available studies of similar populations and apply the results in the absence of their own results.

Taking things literally happens all the time on forums. And just because small sample studies get applied to others all the time doesn't mean it is a good practice, especially when the small samples are not representative of the population. I agreed that the US reports are generally the best thing we have to go off, in the absence of our own data. And really, there is no excuse for the absence of our own data, our own analysis, and working to improve our own situation rather than just relying on other countries to do the work and hoping that it fits here.

PS Thank you for the career advice. After many years in psychology (not just studying it), I'm glad that you were able to apply your medical experience to diagnosing my career mistakes. Hopefully I'm not too old and haven't thrown my life away doing something I'm really not suited to 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif