Digital maps

ausadvance

Hey guys, I dont have an Ipad or tablet, nor a smart phone, yet I would still love to be able to download all my charts for viewing does anyone know if this is possible to be able to aquire charts for pc?

And if so where do I go?

thanks mate! will look into it! otherwise is there any progams like oz runways for PC? that will allow you to do all your flight planning ect on your computer I know there used to be but I wasnt sure if they still exist given all the new software

Pretty sure that if you want to use aviation maps and a flight planner combined on a win pc you will have to go for Airnav Vfr, sentient software I believe. There digital maps come from airservices and under licence. You can plan on a wac, vtc or vnc etc.

Guest Maj Millard

Hard to not have a mini Ipad these days with how little you pay for one. With mobile wifi and inbuilt GPS function. Pay another $75 and you've got the lot for an increadable in-cockpit GPS, map and ERSA function at your fingertips. Take it with you for regular computer Internet function away from the aircraft, just as I am doing right now.

You wouldn't get a standard late model GPS unit alone for similar money......Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

You aren't wrong there Maj, even if the ipad is just for the plane the cost is minimal compared to other options. Just wish ozrunways could be used on android or windoze tablets as well.

• Agree 2

Not much help at this point in time but have you had a look at Navbag for android. At this stage is basically naips for android but I understand the developer is planning flight planning/navigation in the next few months.