RAAus National Safety Officer – vacancy

Spriteah

National Safety Officer – vacancy

November 1, 2013 | Mark Clayton

Recreational Aviation Australia Inc. (RA-Aus.) is a national membership organization responsible for administering – on behalf of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority – the training, assessment and certification of almost 10,000 pilots. The Association is also responsible for assuring the registration – and airworthiness – of almost 3,500 aircraft, and for overseeing the operations of a further 200 affiliated flying training facilities and clubs.

The National Safety Officer will be responsible for the development, deployment, and oversight of the Association’s organization-wide Safety Management System (SMS). The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate recent, relevant (preferably), and substantial experience with SMS development and deployment; risk identification, assessment and control measures; health and safety system, hazard and compliance auditing; and workplace inspection.

You will be a self-starter with a proven track record of teamwork, commitment, accountability, and flexibility. Effective verbal and written communication skills will also need to be evidenced, together with a strong work ethic. This is a part-time (20 h.p.w.) six-month contract position, with potential for extension. The appointee may periodically be required to travel throughout Australia. A competitive contract rate will be negotiated in line with the applicant’s qualifications and experience.

Applications to be received by c.o.b. Friday, November 15th.

Enquiries to Jim Tatlock (Mob: 0403 228 986)

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

This is a great idea that I suggested we look into in the past, and would parallel one of our sister organisations, the Australian Parachute Federation.

In that organisation the National Safety officer is in communication with all drop zones via the Dropzone safety office and there is a requirement to have one of those on each Dropzone.

In our case I would imagine he would liase with area CFIs and maintenance L4s, who are ment to be area maintenance co-ordinators. This will be a good position in our case as long as the selected individual doesn't get bogged down in Canberra with BS CASA rubbish, and actually gets out and about to actually monitor safety................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Jim, With all due respect, and I do appreciate your communicating with us...however why is your number and name on the bottom of this notification as Treasurer ????......shouldn't it be Micheal Monk as Secretary ???.....or even the GM...............Maj....033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

First of all thank you Jim it is great getting information from you, only one.

However I think the information flow is worse now since the new board was elected, we used to hear from Micheal Monk he is quiet now even the president has got the quiets.

Was a great noise during the Ed/Myles era, then is it a case when something is happening there is noise.

Our two South Queensland reps used to have a say sometimes none now, their pre-election resumes mentioned they would have great communication as yet none here (tell us what is going on), I would be happy with a post here occasionaly. To be practical, posting here is better, will be a dogs breakfast sorting phone calls.

OR....... Are our SQ reps looking after the great South East, we need to decentralise QLD.

The other point I was thinking about:- "Is there still massive infighting within the board?"

For me there are some pointers indicating such, needs confirming. Yes/No.

Regards

Keith Page.

Jim, With all due respect, and I do appreciate your communicating with us...however why is your number and name on the bottom of this notification as Treasurer ????......shouldn't it be Micheal Monk as Secretary ???.....or even the GM...............Maj....033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Maj, I have taken on the focal role of the SMS to assist the gm with getting it established. Jim.