Another newbie!

Guest pilotgirl

Guest pilotgirl

G'day all,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I'm a Melbourne based girl, currently back in the IT industry, after working for a year as a Visual Mission Co-ordinator for Surveillance Australia, living and working on Horn Island. My avatar is me in front of one of our mighty "Bongos" aka Islanders. Awesome job, god-awful place to live.

My husband is a commercial pilot - that's how we met. I started flying out of the same school he finished his CPL. Married over 3 years now.....he has over 3,000 hours and I STILL only have my humble GFPT. Hopefully now I'll finally be able to finish off my PPL.

More to come later - I'm off to have a cold VB. It IS Saturday afternoon....

:shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey pilotgirl welcome to the site. Great to have a female here.

Please have a look around and if there is anything you need to know just give us a shout.

:)

Guest pilotgirl
Please have a look around and if there is anything you need to know just give us a shout.

:)

Free flight training??!?!? :lol:

G'day pilotgirl!

Nice to have you onboard TheAussieAviator.net.

I am Todd, the Moderator and I will be happy to help you with anything you need (Except flight training, I work at coles not some fancy high payed place :P :P). Although, I hear Glenn is made of money he should be able to pitch in....

Runs and hides waiting for Glenn's counter attack, he knows where I live and work. Not a good sign! :D

Feel free to post and place pictures in the album, and at 100 posts please join the Golden Wing Club. Also, check out the Fleet lists (created by me) and history, along with anything else (Like Airpot Codes, both ICAO and IATO codes) which have been created with the skill and expertise Glenn puts into his work.

Cya,

Todd Milton.

Careful Todd, yes I do know where you work. It's that place that doesn't give you plastic bags :P

When you find a place that offers free flight training let me know. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Guest Chainsaw

Welcome pilotgirl

Don't worry about those two. I'll look after you here.

Glenn and Todd, I'm watching you two carefully, now behave! :)

*Big Boss Voice on* Now Mr Chainsaw, that is a violation of rule 10:1:2 and I will have to give you your first and final warning, Failure to comply will me a $50 bribe *Big Boss Voice off* 8)

lol, Pilot Girl, you will also notice some of our members have very, ummm selective shall we say, names. Don't worry, as you can see by Chainsaw above, they are very nice people.

Guest pilotgirl

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Don't worry - big enough and tough enough to take the mickey and give as good as I get. Comes from being the only female at Surveillance on Horn Island for a year.... :)

I have loads of pics and will upload them soon. The Torres Strait is such a beautiful part of the world and I got to fly around it every day. This desk job thing is going to drive me nuts for a while.....oh well, at least it pays better.

I will still glance skywards whenever I hear a plane - ahhh, the addiction of flying.

Later....

PS: Once my husband renews his ME/IFR Grade 1 Instructor rating, I will get a plane for solo rates and get stuck into finishing off my PPL. Plan is ME in something benign like a Seminole, then it's onto aerobatics in a mates Decathalon :D [/code]

Guest pilotgirl

Dave, you DO get around don't you?? :D

I start my new IT contract role tomorrow! Out of work for almost 2 months, but back slaying the corporate dragon again.......and it pays a darn site more than Surveillance did. Hopefully you'll see me creating havoc at YMMB again soon :lol: