Thruster Glasshouse "Ghost" The Journey...........

Guest DWB

Many of you are now aware that I have taken ownership of one of Australia's first produced ultralight aircraft - The Thruster Glasshouse "Ghost" 19-3153.

To start this thread off I have re-produced the history of this aircraft as documented by the Late Tony Hayes. This document forms part of the current Log Book for the aircraft & why becomes evident upon its reading.

I'm sure many of you will find this fascinating as I did. I must confess, that I didn't realise the significance of what I have obtained until reading this material. I am sure some would be able to contribute much that I am still not aware of.

Cheers

Dexter

Glasshouse Ghost.pdf

Glasshouse Ghost.pdf

Glasshouse Ghost.pdf

Well I ordered some parts from the States last night - Head Gasket "O" ring set, exhaust gaskets, Stainless Steel exhaust springs & throttle cable grommet boots. These are from an aftermarket supplier, superior to genuine parts apparently & cheaper (AU$95 incl. postage the lot). Springs are for the Zephyr as well, as I've broken 4 in the last 12 months & they were new Rotax ones. I know some might wonder about aftermarket stuff, I do too, but I liked what I read so will give it a go. Incidentally if you want to look for yourself see here.

Ya realise ya old Grass Grower, that you will probably beat me to getting our Rag and Tube machines in the air. Hmm maybe I should become a grass grower ... hmmm you obviously have more time than I have as an electrical engineer in fire protection ... LOL

• 3 months later...

Well I fired up the engine for the first time on Australia Day. Here it is on YouTube. I know it's a bit like watching paint dry but I thought I'd put up the whole 10 minute plus run.