New In Australia

Guest Chris Spencer-Scarr

Hi All,

I have recently relocated to Australia from South Africa.

I fly purely for fun and have been doing so for 22 years. I fly fixed wings, helicopters and ultralights, and have a tail wheel, night rating, safety pilot rating and class II test pilot rating.

In 2003 I represented South Africa in the World Rally and Precision Flying Championships and am happiest upside down.

I recently sold my Van's RV-7 before the move.

I intend converting my licence to an Australian PPL and look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts in south east Queensland.

Welcome to our country & your new home Chris. Hopefully you will enjoy TAA forums & share some of your experiences with us. Your credentials are impressive & no doubt you have worked very hard for them. Well done.

Thank you for the welcomes Gentlemen. I hope to get out to Watts Bridge at some stage to meet you Dave.

Hi Chris, missed this during the week - welcome to Brissie and TAA. DaveB mentioned that you guys had gotten together earlier in the year, missed that but will have to meet for a drink sometime. There are a number of fly-ins etc coming up in the next few months that are worth attending to get a feel for what happens at the various airfields;

April 15 Qld Vintage Aero Group (QVAG) at Wondai

Apr 21-22 Mega fly in @ Caboolture

May 6 David Hack Memorial @ Toowoomba

May 12-13 Wings, Warbirds and Wheels at Maryborough

May 19 All in Fly in @ Watts Bridge (highly recommended)

Cheers Carl

Guest Darren Masters

G'day Chris and welcome to the forums :) You Sth Africans fly almost anything on earth, right? Ha ha, the microlight scene is huge there and I need to get there some day to have a look I think. Again, welcome mate :)

Hi Carl and Darren,

Thank you for the welcomes. Thanks for the dates Carl, I will most definately make most of them.

Getting business started and running, but will hopefully be able to make Watts Bridge from the front left.