Just Saying Hello For The First Time.

Hello Everyone,

Just joined this particular forum so thought I would jump up and say Hi! My name is Louis, been flying since I was a kid and love it. Used to work in the industry when I was a little younger, learnt better of it and now it's just a fun hobby!!!

I own a J2 Auster on the RAA register, (I uploaded a photo for anyone who is interested!) it is a fantastic little aircraft and I enjoy it a lot. Currently it is housed at Pittsworth in QLD, I live in Toowoomba.

Guess I will see you all about on here some time!

Cheers

AusterJ2.thumb.jpg.bbc5de586aeb8fb99436df65a5b182fc.jpg

Hey Kaye,

Always nice to see a familiar avatar!!! I bet I did (Happy birthday by the way!) I heard on the grape vine it was on event!

I would have come down for it, but to be honest I would have had to leave 5 months ago in the Auster to get there!!!!! Down side to being in QLD, I do miss Vic a lot, it's green!!!!

How have you been?

Guest aviatrix27

I've been great thanks Louis, this turning 50 lark is good fun. I found out the other day I'm going to be a grannie (it's a secret so far, so no posts on facebook or telling family yet) and right now I'm 1/2 way to Bundaberg. We're overnighting at Coonamble and will go to Bundy tomorrow. Then after a few days in Bundy, we will meander across to Bunbury for the AWPA conference, will probably call in at William Creek along the way.

I take it married life is still absolutely wonderful ;) Any little aviators or aviatrixes on their way yet?

I think you guys get to travel more than anyone I know! I am officially jealous! That's it I am selling up, buying a Grumman and were tagging along from now on!!!

WOW, pass my congrats on to Kasey, well when I am allowed to know about it that is. I am going to have to refrain from posting on face book!!!! You excited to be a grandma?

As for us, no! Have not got any plans for little pilots yet, to expensive to upgrade from 2 seats and Dad's has to many flying years in him to pass on the six :p

Marriage though is going really well, I even still love her ;) Surprisingly so considering how many issues people told us to expect in the first few years *frantically searches for a piece of wood to tap* Considering in Motels we spend all our time together were actually sailing through it without getting on one another nervous to much!

She's even going to learn to fly when we get out of this motel!

Guest aviatrix27

Haven't seen your Dad since I was bald, must be 3 years now.

Yes, when we go flying, we do it properly. Unfortunately we don't get to fly anywhere near as often as we would like. Last year we missed out on flying ourselves to Darwin due to an enterprising wasp building its nest in a fuel breather tube - I did look, but the nest was too far in to be visible. This time, we really haven't flown other than our BFRs since before xmas - SYF got a new prop for xmas but it was damaged in transit. Finally got installed yesterday! Now we seem to have an electrical problem, the flashing beacon doesn't flash, but stays on, we think we've even flattened the battery. Just as well we now carry a solar charger. The beacon will be switched off and left off until we get a chance to get it fixed - hopefully that's the cause of the battery problem.

Don't listen to other people, you and your lovely wife will make your own mistakes and have your own triumphs. All you need to do is keep loving each other. I got told I shouldn't work with hubby, but Geoffrey & I have been together 20 years now and we're together 24/7 and still blissfully happy. So glad she's going to learn to fly, as you get around this forum you will see a post or two from me expressing the importance of a regular control seat passenger at least learning to land.

Oh, yeah, extremely excited to be a grandma, I've been knitting and crocheting baby clothes and blankets for years!

Guest aviatrix27

BTW, there is a chat room. Hold control and click chat on the top banner so that it opens in a new tab :)

AHHHHH the wasp in the fuel tank breather, that seems to be a particularly Grumman thing. I know of about 10 aircraft, all Grumman's that have had it happen. As for the beacon, well surely your more visible if the lights stays on all the time ;) I would say it is the flat battery, takes a fair old amount of OMFF through the boxes to get them to flash. Just get Geoff to sit their flicking the switch on and off every few seconds!! At least your out there now and getting air time.

I have been grounded for nearly a month trying to get my panel re-done to orig specs. I just test flew the Auster this afternoon after fitting a full layout of freshly overhauled orig instruments. Guess what, NOT A SINGLE GAUGE WORKED!!!!! No Asi, Altimeter, Turn & Bank! The oil pressure and pocket watch was my full compliment of functioning gauges. I was so upset after all the money I spent I only 3 circuits before stopping out of frustration!!!!!! Back to the drawing board for me for a bit!

Dad is good, he had actually just FINALY had the six painted. Actually that's a lie he has had it started but needed it back so now it is just pure silver, still it's a start!!!!! Still in Melbourne and enjoying life the way he does.

Sounds like you will have a good collection of baby hars and shoes ready to go!!!!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome to your wonderful little Forum, always good to have a spot to get that aviation fix when your stuck indoors!!!

Sorry Kaye for not getting on the chat, I actually had my head on the pillow before I go the message!!!! Will have to catch up in there sometime soon?

Dave, this little J2 was VH-PUK last year before I swapped it over to RAA. PUL is still about but I believe it is going through an extensive, long term ground up restoration, I thought maybe in WA but do not quote me on the fact!!!