RFDS -Sydney

Guest Howard Hughes

Guest Howard Hughes

Advertised on AFAP website today, the RFDS are looking for pilots for their Sydney base.

Cheers, HH.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

LINE PILOTS – Sydney The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (South Eastern Section) is seeking line Pilot applications for it’s fleet of Kingair aircraft based at Sydney.

Mandatory Minimum Qualifications

Licence:

• Australian ATPL

• Command Instrument Rating (4 renewals)

• Class 1 Medical

Experience Preferred:

• Total TTIC – 3000 Hours

• Total TTIC multi engine – 1000 hours

• Night experience – 500 hours

• I/F experience – 500 hours

Experience Desirable:

• Beechcraft 200 experience

• Turbine experience

Applicants should be aware RFDS operations involve extensive on call, weekend and night work. Pilots must be prepared to work at any location under the management of the RFDS (SE Section).

Remuneration

An attractive remuneration package together with salary sacrifice provisions will be provided to the successful candidate.

Applying for the role

Enquiries – David Charlton on 02 8374 2400. Please apply with a resume including 2 referees to [email protected]

The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia is an equal opportunity employer.

Guest Howard Hughes

If anyone wants any information re rosters, lifestyle, etc... I'd be happy to have a chat, PM me if you are interested.

Cheers, HH.

• 10 months later...
Guest Howard Hughes

Turbine is not essential, but it is important to have a lot of good quality night/IF experience. Instructors as a rule tend not to have much night, nor actual 'hands on' IF experience (unless they are from the military). I would recommend the best preparation for a career with the RFDS is night freight type work. Of course this not the only route, as we have had people come from instructing, charter, regional airlines, military and corporate.

Where I work we have a contract with the NSW Government which specifies minimum experience, at other bases (and sections) it is possible to get a start with the minimums and in some cases slightly less.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...